Anemia Definition: Anemia is a type of disease in which the RBC (red blood cells) of body are depleted, the function of red blood cells (RBC) is to supply oxygen to different parts of our body. With deficiency of RBCs enough amount of oxygen do not get supplied to all parts of your body that make you feel like weak and tired.
Anemia is of various type and has unique causes of occurrence, anemia occurs at different duration. It can be temporary or permanent depending upon the condition and it can be mild or severe. There are three different types of cells that are found in our body and have their own specific functions. These three cells are white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. White blood cells are that type of cell which helps our body to fight from various kind of pathogens entering in our body. Platelets are major cell that helps in blood clotting so that excess of blood do not flow in the body in case of injury. The last cell are red blood cells. RBC are very important they are red in color because of the presence of hemoglobin, the function of RBCs is to take oxygen to various part of the body.
Signs of Anemia
- Irregular heartbeat
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Shortness of breath
- Pale or yellow skin
- Chest pain
- Cold hand and feet
Causes of Anemia
- Deficiency of Iron
- Chronic disease
- Low red blood cell count
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Inherited causes
- Deficiency of Vitamin B12
These are the main causes of anemia
Causes and Symptoms of Different Types of Anemia
Types of Anemia
· Iron deficiency anemia- symptoms are craving, hunger or feeling of eating anything like paper, ice, dirt etc such condition is known as pica, your nails starts growing upward and cracks starts to appear in mouth.
· Pernicious Anemia Symptoms- are tingling sensation by needle or pin, lost touching sense, clumsy arms and legs, difficulty in walking.
· Anemia caused by the Chronic Disease symptoms- are constipation, vomiting, jaundice, leg ulcer, red or brown urine, abdominal pain etc.
· Sickle Cell Anemia symptoms are infection, fatigue, severe pain in body.
· Symptoms of Anemia in Women are dizziness, pale skin and nails, rapid heart beat, shortness of breath.