Tongue Cancer Pictures Early Stage
Tongue cancer is a type of oral cancer which usually develops in the squamous cells of the tongue. It causes tumours and lesions. The signs of tongue cancer are painful tongue and sore on the tongue that does not heal.
Tongue Cancer Image
Cancer develops in two separate areas of the tongue. It develops at the front of the tongue and cancer that develops at the back of the tongue is called oropharyngeal cancer.
Signs of Tongue Cancer
- Red or red and white patches (oral leukoplakia) that appear on the lining of the mouth or the tongue
- Sores and mouth ulcers that will not heal
- Sore throat pain when swallowing
- A feeling that there is something lodged in the throat
- A painful tongue
- A hoarse voice
- Difficulty moving the jaw or tongue
- Neck or ear pain
- Loose teeth
- Swelling in the area that remains for more than three 3 weeks
- A lump in the mouth
- Thickening of the lining of the mouth
- Dentures that no longer fit correctly
Causes of Tongue Cancer
- Jagged teeth
- Dentures that do not fit properly
- Not taking care of gums
First Signs of Tongue Cancer Pictures
The early signs of tongue cancer are sore, mouth ulcer and painful tongue.